Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Girl-About-Town: Sasha Barkanic


Meet this months “Girl-About-Town” multi-faceted fashion and graphic creative; Sasha Barkanic. Born and raised in Sunny California and hailing from a beach town has definitely had its influence on this free-spirited soul. Whether she’s hanging out on Abbot Kinney with Ziggy her adorable French Bulldog or working the window displays in 60’s influenced denim bell bottoms and a ivory crochet-fringed tunic; there is no doubt this gal lives, breathes, and dresses the bohemian life. 




Where do you live? 
I was born & raised in San Diego, gave San Francisco a try, and am now living in Venice, California. And I absolutely love it!!


What do you do for work?
I worked for URBN Inc. for 3 years at all stores; Urban Outfitters in San Diego & San Francisco, Anthropologie in San Diego, as well as Free People in San Diego. I am also currently working on some graphic design projects for some awesome upcoming sites and looking into a position at an amazing clothing store at Alternative Clothing! You should check em' out ;)


Describe you personal style:
I'd say my style is very bohemian/groovy/rock n' roll style. At least those tend to be my biggest inspirations!


Best restaurants in your city for breakfast/lunch/dinner:
Tom's Cafe on Abbott Kinney has amazing coffee and pastries, along with the best ambiance of any coffee shop/café I have ever been to. Also Umami Burger in Hollywood is to DIE FOR (ahi burger in particular) Rita's for the best custard/ice you'll ever eat, and Kreation Cafe for the yummiest and healthiest smoothies/food you will ever have!

Favorite brands/designers?
I'm huge on thrifting and finding renewed fashion, also obsessed with Free People.



Top 5 Favorite Instagrams to follow:
@freepeople, @lulus, @cautiouslyobsessed, @sanfrancisco, @nat_geo.

Top spots to hangout in your city:
Abbot Kinney: Perfect for shopping, eating, exploring.
Main Street: Great food, shops, vibes. Like a (cleaner) San Francisco! 
Venice Boardwalk: Good food, perfect people watching, cheap shopping!

Best places to shop in your city:
Ananda on Abbott Kinney, Alternative Clothing on Abbott Kinney, Rock Etiquette on Main St., Irene's Closet in Marina Del Rey, Free People on Main St. and Planet Blue on Main St. as well.


What/who is currently playing on your iPod?
FLEET FOXES.. my absolutely fav next to The Rolling Stones, Cat Stevens, Tycho, Washed Out, Lord Huron, Haim, Wild Belle, and so, so much more. Music is my #1 passion.

What destinations are on your travel wish list?
Well, I want to see the WHOLE world real bad, but my first few would be Greece, Brazil, Panama, Fiji, and Israel.

5 Things you you can’t live without:
1)My family & boy
2)My cat Bowie & my French Bulldog Ziggy
3)Art
4)Sushi
5)Comedies


Style icons of the past or present and why?
I'm a huge fan of street style, with a mixture of bohemian/70's vibes; I've never really based my style off of one person, just a combination of what I see and love!

What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I love to paint, travel, shop, any arts & crafts!!

Best life lesson you learned so far:
The most significant thing I've learned so far.... Would definitely be (as corny as it sounds..) to LOVE yourself. I've gone through the craziest year of my life and learned SO much about myself. I realized that once I realized how awesome I was, all the other negative people drifted away from me and I truly feel a million times better!


Can’t get enough of Sasha’s fierce bohemian style? (Neither can we!) Check out her instagram feed right here.


Photos: Courtesy of Sasha Barkanic

No comments:

Post a Comment